Grant & Fellowship
Grant Program for Promotion of Cultural Collaboration
- May 25, 2017 Announcement of Grant Awardees [FY2017 1st Round]
The Asia Center Grant Program for Promotion of Cultural Collaboration Guideline FY2017
*The information provided here is an outline of each program. Please refer to the Application Instructions for more details.
Organizations based in ten ASEAN countries or Japan.
Collaborative projects —— the majority of which involve ASEAN countries and Japan participants —— as well as projects that plan to disseminate their achievements are accepted. These projects must work on human resources development, network construction, strengthening of the bases of exchange, co-production and joint-research initiatives in the fields of arts and culture, sports, or intellectual exchange. In any project, the active participation of a Japanese individual or organization (other than the Applicant) is mandatory.
Projects that commence between April 1, 2017 and September 31, 2017.
Projects that commence between October 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
Maximum 10 million JPY
The grant can cover portions from a maximum of three categories from below.
(1)Traveling expense (international and long-distance domestic travel)
(2)Venue and equipment use
(3)Translation, interpretation and honoraria for lecturers
(4)Preparation of materials, reports, PR materials, etc.
(5)Freight transportation (air freight/sea freight)
(1) The Japan Foundation grant programs are screened according to the following main points.
- Necessity and significance for the Japan Foundation to support the project
- Feasibility and effectiveness of the project
- Adequacy of the proposed budget
(2) In addition to 1., applications will be screened according but not limited to the following points:
- Accordance with the mission of the Asia Center
- Clarity in objectives and goals of the project
- Concrete methods and scheduling of collaboration for human resources development, networking construction etc. that cross national boundaries
- Wide dissemination of the project's achievements
- Potential for the development into new projects
- Pioneering elements in the project's themes and contents
- Outcomes that have a lasting significance within the relevant field, rather than being a one-time event
No later than December 1, 2016
No later than June 1, 2017
Notification of Results
[First round]: April 2017
*For projects that are scheduled to start in April 2017, please note that Notification of Results may be sent after the project has already started.
[Second round]: September 2017