The Japan Foundation Asia Center (hereafter the Asia Center) and Jakarta Institute of the Arts will jointly hold the fifth edition of "...and Action! Asia: Exchange Program for Students in Film Studies" in Jakarta, Indonesia from March 1 to 14, 2019. 21 film students from Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Vietnam and Japan will come together and co-produce short documentary films under the common theme of "Survival" within 2-week program schedule.
About ...and Action! Asia
The Asia Center carries out ...and Action! Asia: Exchange Program for Students in Film Studies to encourage the deepening of mutual understanding and fostering a new generation of filmmakers in the Asian countries. The program welcomes students who are interested in achieving collaborative works in filmmaking and expanding their networks in the region, and using their experience for their studies and future careers. This fiscal year, the program includes short documentary co-productions, their screening, and also discussions and lectures by professionals in Indonesian film industry.
We will hold a screening of the short films made by students on March 12 (Tuesday) from 1 p.m. at TIM XXI, which is open to the public with free admission.
- Jakarta Institute of Arts (Indonesia)
- University of the Philippines Film Institute (The Philippines)
- The Centre For Assistance and Development of Movie Talents (TPD) (Vietnam)
- National University of Arts and Culture (Myanmar)
- Tohoku University of Art and Design, Japan Institute of the Moving Image, Musashino Art University (Japan)